Saturday, June 27, 2009

Last Days in Australia

Well...here I am, the night before I'm leaving to come home. Wow. These past four and a half months went by sooooo fast!!!

I just got back from Townsville on Thursday. It was the perfect way to end my time here. I got 4 quality beach days in. Literally, all I would do is wake up, walk to the beach, lay out for the day, and go back to eat and go to bed. I didn't even spend more than $40...which compared to the rest of my trip is mind-blowing to me haha.

Townsville is gorgeous. If I even buy land here in Australia, it will be in Townsville. There is a mountain in the middle of the city, a big, natural waterfall on the main street, and a huge island, called Magnetic Island (affectionately known here as "Maggie") right off the coast. The water is clear blue and calm since the beaches are set in the small bay because of Maggie. It was a perfect few days for me.

I was pretty nervous on my way back to Newcastle. Thursday night, I was scheduled to cut my hair. Not just a trim...a massacre. I donated! Finally...got rid of all that hair. I got to say, it feels good! I was definitely ready for a change. My friends were there for moral support during the big snip-snip, and then I met up with them afterwards for some drinks. That night, all of us from our group got together and cooked up every piece of food we had left from our apartments. We also finished up all the alcohol we had. Needless to say...I was feeling pretty full at the end of the night!! It was a fun way to end our time in Newcastle though.

Now, I'm in Sydney for my last night. I head out for the airport tomorrow morning at 10 AM and take off at 1:50. I'll be home at 8:50 Sunday night (your time) and I'm really excited!! I've had the time of my life here in Australia, but I'm ready to come home!!

I hope you all enjoyed reading my stories about my time here! Thank you so much for reading them and for the positive feedback I've gotten from them! I'm super excited to see all of you when I get home!!

See you soon!!

Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Mindy...WELCOME HOME. Wow...what an experience/trip! How many days/weeks of sleep will you need now that you are home? Thank you for your blog...awesome to hear all you have done. Can't wait to see all your photos.
    aunt barb

    ReplyDelete